Your eligibility for the Tuition Grant very much depends on your status. Please refer here for more information on your tuition grant eligibility. For further clarifications, please contact the Student Admissions Office.

You may still enrol in NAFA and pay the full tuition fees to reserve a place in the course that you are accepted to. If you are successful in your application to the other institution, you may withdraw from NAFA. By doing so, you are omitting the possibility of ending up with no course to study, should your application to other institutions be unsuccessful.

Refer here for the refund policy.

You are not allowed to pay at a later date as there are limited vacancies for all the courses. Full payment of the tuition fees will guarantee you a place of study in NAFA.

You will have to submit a withdrawal letter to NAFA. Photocopies of documents submitted to NAFA during enrolment are not returnable.

As for the refund of fees, please refer to the refund policy.

The Application Fee, Admission Test/Audition Fee and Administrative Fee are non-refundable.

Please note that after you have submitted the official withdrawal form, our Finance Office will arrange for the refund of your paid tuition fees if you are entitled to a refund. The refund will only be ready in a month's time from the date of withdrawal, as the Finance Office requires some time for processing.

The NS Deferment Letter will only be given to students who have made full payment of their tuition fees. Students may approach the Student Admissions Office to request for the NS Deferment Letter.

Application for deferment will only be considered for reasons due to extenuating circumstances such as prolonged health problems, National Service, etc. You will have to submit a Deferment Form with relevant supporting documents to the Office of Student Affairs.  As application for deferment is subject to approval by a Deferment Panel, you must continue to attend classes until the outcome of your application is known.

Diploma Students

Prior to course commencement date:
New diploma students who wish to change their course after accepting an offer in a course are required to notify the Student Admissions Office and re-apply for admission to the new course.

After course commencement date:
Eligible diploma students who wish to request for a course transfer must be in their first year of candidature at the time of their course transfer application. They are required to submit their application for course transfer during the stipulated application period. The Programme Vice-Dean will determine if a test/audition/interview is necessary for any course transfer application.

Course transfers are not guaranteed as approvals are subject to the availability of vacancies, test/audition/interview outcome (if required), students’ NAFA assessment results and fulfilment of the course requirements.

Diploma students from Arts Management, Dance and MOE-sponsored Teaching courses are not eligible to apply for a course transfer. Students from these courses who wish to change their course are required to withdraw from their current course and re-apply for admission to the new course.

Degree Students

Course Transfer is not applicable to top-up degree programmes.

Yes. With effect from July 1999, NAFA was upgraded to tertiary level and conferred a status on par with the polytechnics. For employment purposes, MOE treats the diplomas awarded by NAFA as equivalent to a non-technical diploma from the polytechnics.

Our lecturers and artists-in-residence include the "Who's Who" in the arts arena. Most of them have received training in Europe, the US and Asia. Collectively, they have qualifications and teaching experiences that span many decades and continents. Our website lists the qualifications and provides a short biography of all of our teachers.

Should the student be unable to resolve any dispute and/or grievance with their respective department, they may surface the issue to the Office of Student Affairs (for academic matters) or the Office of Student Care (for non-academic matters).

In the event that the student is not satisfied with the explanation or solution offered by the Office of Student Affairs or the Office of Student Care, the student may lodge an appeal to the President's Office.

In the event the student is still not satisfied with the explanation or recommendation offered by NAFA, the student may refer the matter to the Committee for Private Education. For more information, please call 6512 1140.

The Committee for Private Education (CPE) was appointed by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Board in October 2016 to carry out its functions and powers relating to private education under the Private Education Act. The CPE is supported by a team of dedicated staff from SSG to regulate the sector, provide student services, consumer education and facilitate capability development efforts to uplift standards in the local private education industry.

For more information, please contact:

Committee for Private Education
1 Marina Boulevard
#18-01 One Marina Boulevard
Singapore 018989

Tel: +65 6785 5785
Feedback Portal: