Student Notebook Subsidy Scheme
The Student Notebook Subsidy Scheme provides financial subsidy to students from the lower income household to purchase a personal notebook for their studies at NAFA.
- Full time Diploma (1st & 2nd Year) & Degree (1st & 2nd Year) students in AY2021/2022
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Financially needy students, with household per-capita income (PCI) not exceeding S$1,000 per month or Gross Household Income (GHI) not exceeding $4,000 per month
- Gross Household Income (GHI) refers to the total gross monthly income of family members living in the same household.
- Per-capita income (PCI) refers to gross household income (GHI) divided by the number of family members living in the same household.
Amount of Subsidy
The household income will determine the subsidy that the student is eligible for. The income criteria is based on a 2-tier system where students will be eligible for the following subsidies:
|Household income per month
|PCI ≤ S$690 or GHI ≤ S$2,750
||Tier 1: One-time subsidy of $1,000
|PCI S$691 - S$1,000 or GHI S$2,751 - S$4,000
||Tier 2: One-time subsidy of $500
Household income per month
PCI ≤ S$690 or GHI ≤ S$2,750
Tier 1: One-time subsidy of $1,000
Household income per month
PCI S$691 - S$1,000 or GHI S$2,751 to S$4,000
Tier 2: One-time subsidy of $500
Students only need to meet one of the income assessment criteria (either PCI or GHI) to qualify for the subsidy. If a student meets both the GHI and PCI assessment criteria, the subsidy that accords the higher provision will be awarded to the student.
How to apply
There are two ways that students can apply:
Reimbursement method (application period: 9 August – 13 September 2021)
Students may purchase the notebook by paying the full price upfront from (i) NAFA’s appointed vendor (to enjoy educational price and warranty) or (ii) preferred retailer:
Click here for list of notebooks from NAFA’s appointed vendor (please contact the vendor for stock availability and delivery lead time before placing your order).
Click here for list of recommended notebook specifications for each course of study (if you are buying from your preferred retailer).
After the purchase, students may apply for the notebook subsidy by submitting the application form here with the following supporting documents:
- Income documents (refer to application form for checklist)
- Receipt or invoice of the notebook purchase, bearing the full name of the student (receipt needs to be dated from 1 June 2021 and onwards)
Students who meet the requirements will be offered the subsidy on a reimbursement basis. Reimbursement will be completed by mid-October 2021.
Co-payment method (application period 26 July – 9 August 2021)
Students apply for the notebook subsidy during the application period by submitting the application form here and income documents (refer to application form for checklist).
Students who meet the requirements will be notified on the subsidy offered.
Students may then choose and purchase the desired notebook models from NAFA’s appointed vendor (to enjoy educational price and warranty). Click here for list of notebooks from NAFA’s appointed vendor.
Students will co-pay the cost of the notebook to the vendor, nett off the subsidy.
Delivery of the notebook may take 4 - 8 weeks.
For enquiries, please email Office of Student Care (Financial Aids & Awards Scheme) at [email protected]